Subscribe now using your favorite service:
In this episode of Trade Secrets, hosts Jamie Biesiada and Emma Weissmann are joined by Christine Vincent, business technology manager for Travelsavers and NEST. They discuss how generative AI is changing the travel industry, and delve into how travel advisors can use it to improve their workflows. They also chat about how to become an effective “prompt engineer” to get a desired output.
And yes, if you were wondering, Google’s Bard wrote this episode’s title and description (but it was, of course, vetted and edited by the hosts).
This episode is sponsored by ALG Vacations.
Christine Vincent on LinkedIn
Dave Burse’s LinkedIn Learning course, “How to research and write using generative AI tools.” Use the CREATE acronym to write prompts
- Character: Tell the AI the role you want it to play.
- Request: Be specific in your request and give context.
- Examples: Provide examples of similar styles of writing (this is optional).
- Adjustments: Ask for adjustments to fine-tune the response.
- Type of output: Tell the AI how the response should be formatted.
- Extras: Anything not included in the above that would generate a high-quality response.
Recent generative AI coverage from Travel Weekly and TravelAge West
- Can ChatGPT be a travel planner? We tested it out
- Trade Secrets column: A chat with and about ChatGPT
- Expedia Group is deploying ChatGPT early, often and widely
- How travel advisors can get ahead using artificial intelligence
- Editorial: When it comes to advisor vs. AI, advisors excel at being human
Mentioned on this episode
- OpenAI, creator of ChatGPT
- “Class of ’09,” Jamie’s TV show recommendation
- ASTA’s Erika Richter on “Today,” talking about AI in travel
Thanks to our friends at Brownell Travel for helping solicit questions for this season of Trade Secrets!
Call our hotline and leave a message: (201) 902-2098
Email us: [email protected]
Sock Hop by Kevin MacLeod
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.
Source: Read Full Article