Simon Calder offers advice on booking staycations for 2021
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Britons looking to get active while also exploring the countryside may head for a holiday walk. However, it is not always clear where to go.
A new study by Premier Inn has looked at walks all over the UK and came up with a list of the most picturesque.
The most picturesque rural walk in the UK is Pen Y Fan in the Brecon Beacons in Wales.
Lauded for its beauty, the walk is 4 miles.
Walkers climb the highest peak in the Brecon Beacons and are rewarded with views over the moorland.
READ MORE: Cornwall is already full for summer 2022
In second place, the Mam Tor and the Great Ridge walk in the Peak District is 10.4km.
Scafell Pike Walk in the Lake District came third.
In urban areas, London has the most picturesque walks, with four or the top five in the capital.
In the top spot, London’s Parkland Walk stretches from Finsbury Park to Alexandra Palace and is five kilometres.
Other London walks lauded for their popularity were The Queen’s Walk in Southbank in second place, Regent’s Canal Walk ranking in fourth place and Thames Path in fifth.
Top 10 most popular rural UK walks
1. Pen y Fan (6.4km) – Brecon Beacons
2. Mam Tor and the Great Ridge (10.4km) – Peak District
3. Scafell Pike Walk (10km) – Lake District
4. Slieve Donard Walk (9.5km) – Mourne Mountains
5. The Old Man of Coniston (4.1km) – Lake District
6. Kynance Cove, The Lizard (7.1km) – Cornwall
7. Malvern Hills Walk (8.6km) – Worcestershire
8. West Highland Way (154.5km)
9. Yorkshire Three Peaks (39.2km)
10. The Fife Coastal Path (101km)
Top 10 most popular urban walks
1. Parkland Walk (5km) – London
2. The Queen’s Walk (6km) – Southbank – London
3. Bath City Walk (9.6km) – Somerset
4. Regent’s Canal Walk (14.5km) – London
5. Thames Path (294km) – London
6. Derry City Walls Walk (1.6km) – Londonderry
7. Cambridge Colleges Walk (7.6km) – Cambridgeshire
8. Forth & Clyde Canal Towpath (56km)
9. River Banks and Maiden Castle (5.4km) – Durham
10. Civic Centre & Canal (7.5) – Leeds
Source: Read Full Article